Thursday, October 27, 2016

More Stuff I Ate ... Again

And I'm back tonight with yet ANOTHER round of Stuff I Ate. Apparently, I ate a lot of stuff over the past few weeks.

We have a new vegan restaurant in Memphis called Zaka Bowl. It's a build-your-own bowl place. I stopped by last week when I was out east running errands and got this bowl with wild rice, baked tofu, roasted broccoli, portabella slices, charred corn, edamame, cherry tomato, sriracha bbq, and creamy avocado sauce.


I made the trip to Jonesboro, Arkansas last weekend to grab an item from my parents' house to complete my Halloween costume. I didn't stay long, but I was there long enough to have dinner. My mama made the best Southern meal — Beans and Cornbread, Fried Okra, and Fried Potatoes with Chow Chow.


We had Vegan Drinks at Sekisui Midtown on Tuesday night. I started with the Tofu Tempura appetizer. One dip into that brown sauce, and I noticed that it tasted fishy. Probably dashi. So I set that aside and used soy sauce instead.


For my main, I went with the Project Green Fork Roll and Tofu Inari. The Green Fork roll has tempura veggies and rice noodles inside, and it's drizzled with a sweet soy sauce. Super yummy!


Stephanie brought me one of her famous Pumpkin Insanity Bars — crunchy cookie layer, pumpkin spice oreo layer, soft blondie layer. These are the best thing about fall.


Yesterday, I visited the Wilson Cafe in Wilson, Arkansas on a work trip. They had a homemade Black Bean Burger with a vegan patty! Y'all this was in the middle-of-nowhere, cotton-fields-everywhere-Arkansas. Impressive. It was served with guacamole and a side salad.


2 comments:

Hillary said...

I want everything! That pumpkin insanity bar blows my mind. That's awesome that a place in the middle of nowhere had a vegan burger! I love hearing stuff like that. It must have been requested to be on the menu, and that always makes me happy.

vegan.in.brighton said...

Okay, now I need to make maki with tempura veggies and noodles inside. Yum!