Thursday, October 6, 2016

Announcements! Biscuits!

Just a quick post tonight because I'm late getting to bed! But I can't wait to sleep, because when I wake up, I get to eat this.


Those are the Fluffy Pumpkin Biscuits from House Vegan's Fall Fomo No Mo e-book. I made a batch and froze them to thaw out for weekly breakfasts of biscuits, vegan eggs, and steamed kale. The "eggs" are made from Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, and they're fluffy too. But man, those biscuits! So light, so fluffy, so fall, so perfect.


If you don't have Fall Fomo No yet, what are you waiting for? This e-book is only $5.99 on Amazon! And it's filled with tips for getting the most out of fall. Plus, there are lots of seasonal recipes, like these biscuits, a peanut butter hot chocolate mix, a quinoa-sausage tofu scramble, pumpkin almond milk, seitan chili, and more.

And now a quick message for my local Memphis readers! Literacy Mid-South is hosting a screening of Eating You Alive, a documentary on the health benefits of a plant-based diet, on Monday, October 10th at 7 p.m. at Studio on the Square. October is Health Literacy Month, and it's pretty amazing that they've opted to show a documentary promoting veganism. I watched the trailer, and it features all the vegan superstars — Neal Bernard, T. Colin Campbell, even Samuel L. Jackson!


VegNews did a story about Eating You Alive this week. Here's an excerpt: "Produced by global entertainment company Garden Fresh Media, the film explores the dietary causes behind illnesses such as heart disease, obesity, and diabetes, uncovers how the animal agriculture industry has promoted disease-causing foods, and offers a solution with a whole foods, vegan diet."

Tickets are $10, and they're available on this website. 

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Those biscuits look amazing. I love a good fluffy biscuit. I love the color too.

Sarah said...

Oooh those biscuits look great! Biscuits are one of my favorite foods but I'm too lazy to make them. I may have to change this.