Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Totchos!!!! And Cute Animals!!!!

Warning: This post contains delicious vegan junk food and fuzzy animals.

First with the junk food. I had Totchos for dinner. Tater Tot Nachos, folks. Why have toppings on chips when you can have toppings on tater tots? I think this one is a no-brainer.


Whole Foods brand Tater Puffs topped with Teese Nacho cheese sauce, black beans, raw corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, romaine, pickled jalapenos, peach salsa, and Tofutti sour cream. Sadly, Teese has discontinued for individual sale, but they're still selling to food service operations, and I get mine at Imagine Vegan Cafe. 


Now, for the animals! This morning Datsun did a little detox yoga with me. Okay, actually he just immediately went into savasana. Lazy dog. What really happened — laid out my mat, went to bathroom, came back and found Datsun had taken over.


And then Mabel discovered earrings. 


She tried to put them over her head, like a headband ...


But that didn't work, so she just chewed on them instead.


For those who don't know, we rescued another baby squirrel this summer. Her name is Mabel. She's about nine weeks old, and she lives in the bathroom now. At 12 weeks, she'll be ready to be released into the big world outside (a.k.a. my backyard). Herman, our baby from last summer, finally stopped coming by to visit a couple months ago. And we miss him very much. But Mabel has been keeping us busy. She's a handful.

9 comments:

Amey said...

yay!! totchos and cute yoga dogs and squirrels with sparkly headbands!! Could a post ever get better than this? I'm so sad that Herman stopped coming by. Forgetting his roots. Good thing we have Mabel to keep our cutie needs filled.

Hillary said...

Datsun looks so content on your yoga mat!Mabel is so sweet I can't handle it! I'm sad about Herman. I hope he's okay, and I hope he shows up one day as a surprise!

Kim said...

Thank You for this dose of cute! Tater tot nachos? I think I put on two pounds just reading the description! Still tater tots--mmmn. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Mable to way too cute with that earring!

Susan said...

Mabel is such a cutie! Look how sassy she is with her earring/headband.
I love totchos... though here we call tater tots potato gems.

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

Totchos are a genius idea. We don't get tots over here though but from looking at them, I wonder if they're similar to what we know as hash browns? Must try that!!

Mabel and Datsun are so cute!!

House Vegan said...

I just can't with that middle Mabel picture. She's too cute! I'm sorry to hear about Herman though. I hope he comes back sometime!

Barb@ThatWasVegan? said...

I don't know how you can live with Mabel without just hugging her constantly. She's sooo cute!

Bianca said...

Barb, I doooooo hug her constantly! And Susan, potato gems is such a better name than tater tots.