Thursday, August 6, 2015

Stuff I Ate

I was planning to review an awesome new vegan cookbook tonight. But I'm sleepy, and I have a very early start tomorrow. I'll save that review for next week. But for now, here's a photo dump of some stuff I've been eating.

We did a food-on-a-stick issue in the Memphis Flyer, the newspaper I write for. And my assignment was to eat this yummy Tofu Kabob Platter from The Blue Nile and write about it. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. By the way, these kabobs are the best tofu in Memphis. No joke.


A couple weeks ago, Midtown Crossing Grill — the awesome pizza joint by my house — was offering a special on their vegan and vegetarian menu items. Dropped by after work and picked up this Greek Flatbread with hummus, kalamata olives, radishes, arugula, and olive oil. I think I'm starting to like arugala. Don't tell anyone.


Had some Amy's Alphabet Soup from a can for lunch at work one day. Classic.


This is the most unflattering pic ever of my Dillweed Potato Salad from Cookin' Crunk. But I promise it was good. Brought this to a non-vegan potluck, and everyone loved it.


This Mango Tart Cherry Smoothie was a healthy and filling breakfast! Frozen cherries, cherry juice, frozen mango, coconut water, and French Vanilla Vega One. One of my new smoothie faves!


My mama bought me one of those Rapid Ramen Cookers that lets you cook ramen in the microwave for three minutes. Love it. Ramen is lazy food anyway, so why not make it even lazier? Plus, it works with rice noodles. These are the Thai Kitchen Spring Onion Rice Noodles.


Our friend Nigel and his partner Andrea were cooking a weekly vegan brunch at The African Place downtown. Sadly, their last brunch in that spot was last week, but they're looking for a new location. The week before the last brunch, Cassi, Pam, and I had brunch there. I got the Breakfast Sandwich with tofu scramble, vegan cheese, vegan sausage, and spinach. On the side I had some Garlic Kale.


Last week, I had brunch at Imagine Vegan Cafe and got my very favorite dish — the Memphis Slam (biscuits topped with tofu scramble, sausage, vegan cheese, and gravy. Mmmmm. More kale on the side (not pictured).


One day last week, I got the Reuben from Imagine Vegan Cafe. LOVE this messy sandwich. By the end, you have to eat it with a fork. Also, garlic kale on the side. It's a thing right now.


Last night, I met my friend Misti for dinner at Mellow Mushroom. Since I had that big ole lunch from LYFE Kitchen (see yesterday's post), I wanted a lighter dinner. So I got the Greek Salad (hold the feta) with Marinated Tempeh. They really hooked it up on the tempeh! So good!


That's it for now! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unflattering photo, or Old School Throwback! Go for the latter ;) Love arugula, welcome to the club!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog the other day. I'm not vegan but have recently decided to try to start phasing meat out of my diet. One thing I kept thinking--"how will I do without my reubens?" I LOVE REUBENS. So I got very excited just now when I saw your pic above! SO MUCH TO LEARN.