Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Badass Power Cookie

You can't go claiming something's badass unless it truly is badass. And these new Badass Power Cookies completely live up to their name.


The folks at Badass (I just like saying that) offered to send me some samples of their Oatmeal Raisin Power Cookies with Spirulina. I'm always down for cookies, especially when those cookies double as health food bars.

First of all, I love the packaging. It has these little punk rock comic ladies and a Mr. T-looking dude on the front, and on the back, there's a drawing of John Lewis, the badass spokesperson of Badass Power Cookies. These power cookies are a healthy, tasty source of protein, B12, and phytochemicals.

Now, upon opening the shiny wrapper, you might be surprised by the cookie's dark greenish color. Admittedly, they don't look that appetizing. But that's the spirulina! That's a plant-based protein source that has more than three times the protein of beef. 


Don't worry. The spirulina doesn't have much of a flavor. Instead, you taste rolled oats, raisins, evaporated cane juice, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and a combo of cinnamon-y spices. I had this cookie after a short walk/run one morning in lieu of my usual smoothie, and not only was it soft and delicious, it also kept me full until about 11 a.m. And that's as far as my smoothies take me as well. I tend to snack on nuts or popcorn around 11 a.m.

Badass Power Cookies are all-natural, vegan, non-gmo, and they contain 10 grams of plant-based protein and 15 percent of your RDA for iron. I especially love that these cookies tout ethical veganism on the wrapper. On the back, the words "loving animals and our earth without sacrificing nutrition" are printed. Nice. I can definitely see these fueling or helping me recover from future workouts!

No comments: