Friday, February 14, 2014

Everyday Is Like Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's, loves! Here's a happy Vday cupcake for you. I made these to share with my co-workers and to try the new Vegg Baking Mix, but I'll save one for you too. (By the way, expect a full review of the Vegg Baking Mix next week ... I've got another recipe to try first).


And I have a very special Valentine's Day announcement that should send sheer delight into the hearts of all Mid-South vegans — Morrissey is coming to Memphis!!! For the first time ever!!! The show is set for May 27th at the Orpheum Theatre. Tickets go on sale February 21st at 11 a.m. on Ticketmaster and at the Orpheum. (Did you like my clever Moz reference in the title of this post?)


This blog post was a little delayed because I wasn't allowed to tell the world until exactly 11 a.m. on Friday, when the announcement was scheduled. But I'm working with Green Machine Concerts to get the word out here, on social media, and in an article in the alt-weekly I write for, The Memphis Flyer. Anyway, if you live anywhere around these parts, you need to go. Morrissey is basically the God of That Is Vegan. After all, he and The Smiths gave us "Meat Is Murder." When he played at the Staples Center in L.A. last year, they agreed to make all the concessions vegan because when Moz asks you to do something for the animals, you do it.

Anyway, I've got one more Valentine to share. My mom and dad both mailed me Valentine's gifts this year. Mama sent money, and you know what that looks like. And daddy ordered a delicious vegan treat from Allison's Gourmet. I knew he was going to order something from Allison's line of delicious, handmade, cruelty-free chocolates, but I didn't know what. The surprise arrived in the mail yesterday.


I ripped off the purple paper to find this! Salted Mac Daddy Bark!


This is dark chocolate bark with sea salt and macadamia nuts (my favorite nuts), and it's perfectly delectable.


I'll share more Valentine's Day fun after the weekend. Happy Valentine's Day! I'll leave you with this...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

[ Smiles ] Thank you for sharing this and a Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Your dad is SO awesome! Such a sweetheart!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

pretty cupcake! Your dad is lovely for sending such an awesome pressie! :)