Thursday, June 27, 2013

Vegan Cuts Snack Box Redux!

I first wrote about the Vegan Cuts Snack Box subscription service back in November. The kind folks at Vegan Cuts sent me a box to review then, and I was overwhelmed with awesomeness.

But the box has improved since then! They sent me the June snack box to sample, and it's bigger and better than ever. Just look at all this stuff!


There's Ultima Replenisher Electrolyte Powder (grape), The Good Bean Sweet Cinnamon Chickpea Snacks, Beanfield's Bean & Rice Chips (sea salt), Snapz Zucchini Chips, Macrolife Naturals Macro Greens Powder, Michy's Cran-Rustica Vegan Cookie, Earnest Eats Baked Whole Food Bar (dark choco mint), Salba Chia Seeds, Fanciful Fox Vegan Peanut Butter Lip Balm, and Go Veggie! Vegan Parmesan.

That's 10 things! And the parm is in a full-sized shaker. I believe the earlier versions of the box had a little less stuff.  This new box seems completely worth the $19.95 per month charge to subscribe to Vegan Cuts monthly box. In case you don't know, these boxes are available through monthly subscriptions. They always contain 7-10 products that are typically gluten-free. And new subscribers get a $15 gift card to the Vegan Chic online store.

I haven't had the chance to try everything in the box yet, but here's what I've had so far. I immediately ripped open the Snapz Zucchini Chips because, um, zucchini chips! These were a like little, crunchy dehydrated zuke slices. Perfect for satisfying that crunch craving without eating something naughty.


Although I've had them before, I was very excited about the Beanfield's Bean & Rice Chips. Of course, their nacho flavor is my fave. But these sea salt chips are delicious too. Crunchy, salty, and pretty substantial, thanks to the beans. These chips even have protein!


I'm loving the Fanciful Fox Lip Balm! It makes my lips taste like peanut butter all the time, which on second thought, might be dangerous. I may have tried to chew on my lips a few times with this on.

The Good Bean Sweet Cinnamon Chickpea Snacks are delightfully crispy with a sugary-cinnamon toast crunch taste. These reminded me of a breakfast cereal. I could totally eat a bowl of these in almond milk.


And finally, I nibbled on the Earnest Eats Bar today. I was expecting a brownie-like dessert, but this is actually a healthy bar. It's better suited for a snack than a sweet treat. And the best part? It's made with mint grown by refugees who have resettled in the U.S. Ten cents from the sale of every Earnest Bar supports the International Rescue Committee, which helps refugees find sanctuary.


Want a Vegan Cuts box of your own? Subscribe! And don't worry. You can cancel at any time.

6 comments:

Babette said...

This month's box was pretty cool. I also got a tube of Teese!

I liked the Beanfields chips as well and the earnest bar is pretty good. I haven't tried the rest of the stuff, except of the veggie parm, which is perfect.

Sheridan said...

I've been seriously considering signing up for this! And I'd really like some vegan parm. We can't find any here in Little Rock!

Dana Vickerson said...

Sheridan, I'm almost positive the Kroger out on highway 10 has a vegan parm. I think I've seen it, but I haven't tried it. I usually have to trek out to Whole Foods to get specialty stuff.

xvavaveganx said...

What a great box!! I signed up for the Vegan Cuts Beauty box for August and I can't wait to get it! The snack boxes look so fun, I'll have to try them in the future :) The zucchini chips look delicious!

Anonymous said...

id love an update on your friends who were co-parenting. i've always been curious about how arrangements like that end up

Leslie Richman said...

Mmm- tasty snacks!