Monday, February 27, 2012

Vegan Hair Care

Yea, I know this is a food blog, but I wasn't about to turn down samples of Surface's vegan haircare line to review. I typically buy the cheapest vegan hair products available, which means lots of Nature's Gate. And I'm pretty basic — shampoo, conditioner, Aveda Control Paste (my only hair splurge), and hairspray.

But after asking me about my hair type (flat, thin), the folks at Surface sent me their Surface Jump Volume Mousse and their Surface Bassu Shine Spray:

I'll be honest. I had not the slightest clue what to do with mousse. I thought mousse was like styling gel, and I got a little freaked out. But my co-worker Hannah, who is much more of a proper girl than I am, explained that mousse is added to the roots when the hair is wet. Then it's blow-dried and combed out to create a voluminous mane. I've been using it and my hair really does seem more full!

I also didn't know much about shine spray, but like a fairy with ADD, I'm attracted to anything shiny and sparkly. I immediately liked the idea of shiny hair in a bottle. I really love this stuff. I've been spraying a little on my hair before using my straightening iron. The only thing that could make it better would be if it contained glitter!

Here I am sporting a head full of new vegan product:

The Surface line is totally animal free, and that means no animal testing either. Plus, it's gluten-free and paraben-free. But unlike so many "health food hair products," this line is salon quality. I'm hoping I can find Surface products around here when I run out, but after using the salon locater on their website, I'm not so sure I'll have any luck.

5 comments:

Leslie Richman said...

Fun! Your hair looks great.

Ana Platano said...

your hair looks great!

Reia said...

I have the same hair type as you an am always looking for volumizing products. Unfortuantely, I don't think I'll have any luck finding Surface products here either :( But your hair does look awesome!

RoyalBeauty said...

Hi buddy, your blog’s design is simple and clean and i like it. Your blog posts are superb. Please keep them coming. Greets! flat iron straighteners

akro mils plastic bins said...

I think this Surface product is best for hair care. I will try this product for my hair. Your hair is looking so cool in this photos.