Sunday, February 5, 2012

Food > Football

I didn't really care who won the Super Bowl tonight. I always root for the underdog. So in the first quarter, when the Patriots were down, I wanted them to get ahead. And in the end, when the Giants scored that final touchdown, I was happy for them too. Whatevs. I don't watch the game for the game. And I don't really even watch for the commercials.

I watch the Super Bowl every year for one reason: vegan hot wings, beer, and chips. Okay, that's three reasons. Oh, and this year, there was a fourth reason: Madonna. Madge still has it! That halftime show was fabu.

This year, I made a batch of my Spicy Seitan Wangs:

The recipe is included in my cookbook, which will be out soon! Late spring or early summer! I worked all weekend to get my manuscript up to speed with the Book Publishing Company's current author guidelines, and I just sent off the edited version tonight. Progress is being made!

On the side, I made another appetizer from my cookbook — "No Tell" Rotel:

This creamy cheese dip is similar to the crock pot ro-tel dip so popular at Southern church potlucks and family reunions, so that explains the name. It was delicious with Garden of Eatin' multi-grain blue tortilla chips. And of course, there was plenty of celery and carrots with Organicsville vegan ranch for dippin'.

By the way, these images are the first ones shot using my new Square Perfect light box! My parents bought me a light box for Valentine's Day, but they came over today to deliver the gift early. I've always had to shoot food photos outside in the sunlight. And in the winter, that meant saving dinner leftovers to shoot in the daylight the next day. But now I can shoot my meals any time of day!

14 comments:

foodfeud said...

The pictures do look great! I agree with the food over football, but I don't even watch the game so I just snack listelessly and with no guidance alone, haha. The wings look bangin.

Jacinta said...

I'm a HUGE Madge fan, but was disappointed with the show, not quite up to her usual energy ??

Ali @ whatalididnext said...

I have just kind of watched the delayed coverage of the show over here in NZ, whilst blogging at the same time! I would have loved to have been snacking on these as well. Multi - tasking.

Shannon said...

I have always wanted a light box. I have seen a few DIY's, but they take up quite a bit of space which isn't really available when I live with five housemates.

VeggieLow said...

i LOVE your seitan hotwings (got the recipe when i helped test a few of them for your book) - can't wait til the book comes out so I can learn any final tweaks you made - they are so good and even the omnis i have shared them with like them!

Josh said...

I actually made wings too (from Noyes) yesterday, but look forward to making yours.

Sheridan said...

Yay for your new light box!! It's such a fun toy and your pics look awesome! Food looks great too! I made some football party food, but we didn't really watch the game. haha! I've got several pics saved up to post about, so I'll get to it soon!

xvavaveganx said...

The pictures look great, what an awesome gift! The wings look so delicious as does the dip! Great snacks. I don't watch football either and didn't really indulge in anything special so I have to live vicariously through everyone else!

tender b. said...

Seitan wings and I'd watch the game too.

Babette said...

That good looks good. Can't wait to get your book.

I would love to have a light box like that.

Erin said...

The lightbox photos look great! The wings sounds really, really awesome.

Mega Juicing said...

juicing
detox recipes is the best source to diet plans and weight loss and it is the way to a radiant, energetic lifestyle.

Connie said...

Bianca...I would love to try the Good Belly Big Shots. I am glad to hear that they work. My hubby (trying to be vegan) has been having some "issues". I would be glad to be able to try them....

Vegan Vagrant said...

I can't wait for your book... these look SO good! Also, I want to eat every single fucking thing on this site.