Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peppermint Patty Shots!

No party is complete without shots!! Even an innocent little vegan potluck can turn into a throwdown ho-down with a healthy dose of liquor. So in the final installment of my weekend holiday potluck series (see yesterday's post for a full recap of Saturday's vegan potluck at my house), I'll focus on the after-party.

Once our dinner and dessert plates were cleared, it was time to break out the peppermint schnapps. My co-worker Hannah couldn't make the potluck, but she did offer a fun suggestion for post-dinner libations — Peppermint Patty Shots!

These are so simple, and they really do taste like a peppermint patty ... well, an alcoholic peppermint patty.

Simply combine one to two ounces of peppermint schnapps with a little chocolate syrup in a shot glass. Mix well, and top with vegan whipped topping. I used Soy Whip, and we added the Christmas sprinkles for that special festive look. Cheers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that looks so good i am definitly trying this over the holidays. Thanks for sharing!!

Sasha Cohen said...

I agree with Vanilla Bean ! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! A couple of those are in my future for sure :)

JL goes Vegan said...

LOVE. IT.

James said...

Those look ridonk. On the topic of amazing choco drinks, I'll offer my gay uncle's chocotini (gay men serve the best martinis, it's a fact)

1 oz vodka
1 oz creme de cacao
1 oz butter ripple schnapps
1-2 oz chocolate soymilk

I usually go heavier on the chocolate "milk" so it isn't so powerful, but yeah, best drink ever. Just don't drink too many... nothing makes a worse hangover than a creamy one!

Leslie Richman said...

Festive and I'm sure, super yummmy!

aimee said...

yum! looks festive too.

Eric said...

those things look like bad news! :D