Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cookie Month!

Officially, February is National Pancake Month. But for me, it's cookie month! That's because my 2010 Go Vegan wall calendar features a delicious Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookie recipe by Sarah Kramer:

Each month, vegan cookbook goddess Sarah Kramer's calendar contains a different recipe. And I've vowed to make every featured dish. For weeks, I've been eyeing this scrumptious cookie recipe, which combines my very favorite cookie (chocolate chip) with my very favorite fruit (coconut).

I made this batch last night and they were perfect. Just the right amount of soft, sweet, and chewy. My co-workers devoured the whole plate in less than an hour. Thankfully, I put a few back for myself at home. Now I'll just have to conjure up the self-discipline to restrict myself to one cookie a day.

By the way, I found the chocolate chip coconut cookie recipe (and a cute video of Sarah Kramer making them) re-printed on Everyday Dish here. I promise these cookies will not let you down.

20 comments:

Chocolate-Covered Katie said...

I saw that calendar in the store and was so excited! A vegan calendar?! LOL!

Mike K said...

I didn't know Sarah Kramer had a calendar - looks like fun. The cookies look delicious - chocolate chip cookies are so good on their own, I'm sure they'd be amazing with coconut.

crunchyveganwifelife said...

Where can you get that calender???? The cookies look scrumptious!!!

Sarah Kramer said...

Wahoo!! :)

You can get the calendar at any bookstore or via my website www.GoVegan.net

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

How about cookie year?!!!!!! Mmmmm... coconut, chocolate... Please!

Anonymous said...

Yay for cookie month! I may follow your lead and institute cupcake month in my life- for March though as feb's almost over.

That calender sounds awesome! And i'm going to scoot over to Everday dish to watch that video.

Yum!

Andrea @Celery In The City said...

where did you buy the calendar? hmm..off to Google for it, lol :)
I love that each month has a recipe, especially since I'm only just learning how to cook..it would be good reinforcement to get in the kitchen.

Serena said...

This is so cute <3 Especially for the cookie-lovers in all of us ;)

Anonymous said...

THat cookie is making me drool haha

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I want that calendar, ha ha! Thanks for sharing the recipe, they look yummy :)

Leslie Richman said...

Gah!! I have been looking at those cookies on my wall all month! Yum!!!

T said...

Oooh want both the cookies and the calendar! For me february has been more "carb" month in general, but I intend to change that..

nora said...

oh yum!! chewy cookies are the best. although i'm not sure that cookie month > pancake month. :)

Unknown said...

ooh i've been meaning to try making those cookies, i love chocolate and coconut!

dreaminitvegan said...

These look perfect!

Mary said...

One cookie a day? I couldn't do it. I cannot resist coconut!

Pure2raw twins said...

Oh I just love chocolate chip cookies and with coconut even better!!

Vegan In The VI said...

Beautiful cookies:-)I will try to make these this weekend!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Yummy thank you! I have coconut and choco chips! Yippeee!

chrystad72 said...

mmmMMM these looks delish!! awesome calendar!