But a couple weeks ago, while searching for my friend Nathan's favorite vegan carrot cake recipe to make for his birthday, I ran across Jessy's Tofu 'n' Cabbage with Wasabi Awesomeness:
And this is some kind of awesome!!! I'm a huge fan of wasabi. It's a different kind of hot. Not spicy hot, just clear your sinuses hot. And this recipe calls for a homemade wasabi sauce that will blow your mind. The tofu is baked and served atop cabbage, carrots, and onions. Mmm-mmm.
On another note, Erin of Vegan in the City ran an interview on her blog a few weeks back and asked her readers if anyone would be up for an interview of their own. I signed up, so here goes:
1. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods with you, what would they be and why?
Let's see — Baked flavored tofu (since I wouldn't be able to take any seasoning stuff to make it tasty), vegan mac & cheese (with broccoli in it so I can sneak in some veggies), and cupcakes ...
2. List 5 people you would invite to a dinner party...famous, dead, whoever.
Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy (and I just found out they're playing the Memphis In May music fest!!!!), Jack Kerouac, Emma Goldman, Tori Amos, and Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Romero (I know that's six, but Isa and Terry count as one).
3. What is your all-time favorite movie to quote?
4. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner and why?
Um, yo I can't survive without all three. I will shrivel up and die if I miss a meal. Or at least get really bitchy.
5. Tell me one random thing that others in the blogosphere don't know about you!
I went to Barbizon modeling school when I was 14 because I had aspirations of becoming a model. Unfortunately, I'm 5'2" and models just don't come in that size! Modeling school was fun though. They taught us how to apply bad 80s makeup and walk on the runway. If nothing else, it brought me out of my shyness ... but I still get a little jealous when I watch America's Next Top Model.
To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." If a few people want interviews, I will randomly pick 2.
2. I will respond by commenting on your blog with five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.