Sunday, March 15, 2009

Easter Came Early!

My parents still give me an Easter basket every year, though the contents have upgraded from stuffed animals and candy to tasty vegan goodies. My dad got a little ahead of himself this year and picked out this adorable vegan chocolate Easter bunny from Vegan Essentials:

Isn't it precious? My dad picked it out all by himself! It came in this week, so I get to eat it way before Easter. I'd like to think of it as a Spring Equinox present, since that happens this coming Friday. The bunny, basket, and eggs are made by Sjaak's Organic Chocolates and they're organic and fair-trade!

He also picked out a few other goodies:

There's Chreesy Mashed Potatoes by Road's End Organics (featured in the new VegNews!), Cheddareese Grated Cheese Replacer (like a parmasan sprinkle, only Cheddar flavored), the new Cheddar style Teese, the Teese Nacho Cheese Sauce, and an eggless cinnamon roll.

I can't wait to try all this stuff! I did crack open the Cheddareese tonight and sprinkled a bit on my dinner salad. It's really good. Kinda reminds me of the powdered cheese that comes in macaroni and cheese boxes. I always liked that stuff.

Thanks Mom and Dad!

21 comments:

Tara said...

How sweet! That bunny sure is cute!

The Voracious Vegan said...

What amazing parents you have, it is wonderful that they are so supportive of you and your veganism. I would LOVE an Easter basket like that!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Lovely Easter gifts from the folks!!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

Ahh that's so nice of your mum & dad. That bunny is so cute.

My mum still buys me an easter egg every year. Last year she went everywhere to find me a vegan one. It was godawful, but it was really sweet of her.

Macie said...

Aw, that's so sweet! Let us know how everything is... especially that teese! I've wanted to try it for a while, but I always blow my "extras" budget at Whole Foods so I keep putting it off XD

A_and_N said...

The first pic is such a tease! I wish chocolate were a vegetable recommended in copious amounts by doctors for good health!

Leslie Richman said...

That's so awesome. The bunny is adorable. Do me a favor...when you try the Chreesy mashed potatoes will you let me know what you think? I ordered a box and the taste was ok, but the color freaked me out. They turned a bright orange when I made them. If that happens to you too I won't be so afraid to mix up another batch!! :)

Jen said...

that is gnawdorable. you are SO LUCKY to have such a loving and supportive family. my spouse rocks, but the rest of my family don't get the vegan thing at all. i think i'm going to make some fun treats in the future to purge the house of chametz before passover.

jessy said...

that's too awesome of your mom 'n dad to hook it up! organic and fair-trade chocolate = the best ever! and huzzah for more tasty teese! mmmmmmmm!

MeloMeals said...

awesome! I would love to try teese...

Veganissexy said...

Oh cute :) I would eat that little "critter" in an instant :) I still get easter baskets too.....Love it :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, your parents are sweet.

I'm totally jealous that you got Teese, I can't find it anywhere around here.

Anonymous said...

Your Dad rocks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your goodies! Yum! And yay for your dad being so awesome.

T said...

Aww, your parents are so cute! That bunny is calling my name...

Megan said...

aww such a cute easter bunny!! i love parents :)

miss v said...

wow, that is awesome! i'd love to have a vegan goodie basket!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Your parents rock!! I need to forward this post to my mom as a hint...

Anonymous said...

Your parents rock! I am so jealous of your Tease!!!

Sheridan said...

Man, I DON'T get Easter baskets anymore. WTF. But, your parents are totally cute and the stuff they got you looks great!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

That is SO sweet! Lots of faux cheese, wow!