Monday, September 15, 2008

Cupcakes and a Cute Puppy!

Today is my friend Misti's 33rd birthday. She'll probably hate me for putting her age out there like that, but it's too late. Anyway, I never let a birthday pass without cupcakes! So I whipped up these Vanilla Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World:

Honestly, the orange buttercream didn't taste very orange-y. It calls for two tablespoons of orange juice, but no extract. And that would have helped, but I didn't have any on hand. It actually tasted like lemon buttercream, likely due to the tablespoon of lemon zest in the recipe. Either way, they were super good. The vanilla cupcakes never disappoint.

Oh, and I also promised a cute puppy. Here's Misti's dog Bailey sporting my new vintage 80s sunglasses with cool squiggly shapes on the lenses (which you can't really see because of the flash):

Bailey is an awesome dog. She's sweet and she follows me around my house when I dog sit ... but she does have an overactive bladder. She pees a little when she gets excited. But don't we all?

Oh, and thanks for all the nice words about my moving/foreclosure situation. It sucks, but all your sweet comments make the process more bearable.

19 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous cupcakes and SUPER-cute Bailey!! :0)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

The cupcakes look beautiful, and Bailey is so adorable!

J said...

That is so nice of you to make cupcakes for your friend - she's lucky to have you.

I love the picture of Bailey in the sunglasses - too cute.

jessy said...

that pooch is just too cute! and oh my goodness, Bianca! you make the most perfect cuppies every time! these are super stellar! damn!

thedalyn said...

I turned 33 this year...where are my cupcakes?

Anonymous said...

What a cute puppie! Trudy, our dog used to do the excited pee, but grew out of it. The cupcakes look delicious. Glad to hear the moving is going well. Moving does stink.

Jen said...

yes, we all pee when we get excited. those are some gorgeous cupcakes. altough i'm someone who also believes if a cupcake or cake looks icky it's still good because after all, it's cake.

Unknown said...

haha bailey looks great in those shades ;) dont you just lovve sweet dogs?

and can i just say your cupcakes look so perfect..no fair! they fit right in for autumn!

Anonymous said...

You're killing me with cute - cupcakes & Bailey...geeze woman! You're a great friend.

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes are way too adorable! I love the sprinkles.

Sheridan said...

Just think...we have to turn 33 in a few years too. It's going to take a lot of cupcakes to make me ok with that. Haha! Cupcakes look awesome. Bailey pees everywhere, but I still love her! Misti is awesome and you are too. I have the best friends in the world!!!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

love the colors on those sprinkles! And I'm always up for a puppy photo.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I love the sunglasses!

P.S. Do you like your new queen title? (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go here: http://howtogainweightonavegandiet.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-found-new-crown.html)

Laura said...

the cupcakes look real pretty, even though they didn't turn out real orangey! that is always a disappointment when flavors aren't big enough! plus that puppy is adorable!!

Me said...

Your cupcakes always look so professional!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Cute cupcakes AND puppies?! Sounds like my kind of post!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

Aw~! I want to eat the cupcaks and kiss the puppy!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Perfect cupcakes!! I remember making the orange buttercream and being perplexed about the addition of lemon zest so I used orange zest instead. But yeah, I think a little orange oil would do the trick!

whoXcares said...

she´s adorable!!!!