Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Veggie Hoagies, Dosa, & More!

I've mentioned this about 500 times before, but I'm on a years-long quest to make every recipe in the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. I swear I'm getting close. I only had about three recipes left in the entrees chapter, and one of those was this Veggie Hoagie. So now I'm down to two. Though I still have a number of sides, desserts, and athletic performance recipes to go!

For this, I made my own sourdough baguette with my new baguette pan. It was my first time trying any shape besides a boule. I still need to work on it because my baguettes were a little misshapen, but they tasted great. The inside of the hoagie was stuffed with artichokes, bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, onion, pesto, and balsamic vinegar. 

I also tried making from-scratch dosa for the first time using the Simplified Dosa recipe from the Fiber Fueled Cookbook. The insides were stuffed with curry potatoes. For this, you ferment the batter for 24 hours, which was pretty cool. I couldn't get my dosa to be paper-thin like the restaurants do, but it was still very tasty. I had some Trader Joe's mini Veggie Samosas on the side.


Here's a recent Lulu's Brekky Sando with tofu egg, cashew cheese, and red pepper bacon. The bacon changes based on what veggies are in season.

I enjoyed that with an iced Tropic of Cancer Latte with coconut and lime. Those aren't flavors you'd expect in a coffee drink, but it worked! And it hit the spot on a very hot day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those masala dosa's are beautiful! And I am so glad that you are this close to completing all the recipes in the NMA cookbook! That hoagie with your sourdough baguette looks scrumptious! - Sri.

Susan said...

Wow, you are so close to finishing NMA cookbook!

Gina said...

Nice job with the dosas--they look delish.

Jenny said...

Everything here looks amazing. i'm very impressed that you're making your own baguettes and dosas! And, I want that breakfast sandwich...