Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Savory Oats, Homemade Yogurt, and a Snack Package!

I made the best bowl of Savory Oats one day last week! I usually have a breakfast plan, but on this particular morning, I just didn't. But I had steel cut oats, so I cooked some up and added nooch, vegan bacon salt, and spinach while they were cooking. Then I found some leftover air-fried turmeric tofu in the fridge and thew that on top. And then I figured it needed garlic hummus too! So good! I should make this again.

I love to make homemade soy yogurt in my Instant Pot! My friend Jennifer gave me some yogurt starter a couple years ago, and I made a batch. And now I just scoop out a couple tablespoons from each batch and freeze it to keep the starter going. All you need is starter and unsweetened soymilk, and then you just press the yogurt button on the Instant Pot and leave it for 16 to 18 hours. So good! And it's sugar-free!

Here's a recent healthy dinner of Maple Ginger Baked Beans from The Blue Zones Solution served over a baked potato with spinach. The beans were cooked with ginger and maple syrup.

A few weeks ago, vegan bodybuilder Robert Cheeke sent out a newsletter offering a care package with $100 worth of vegan product samples and free product coupons for anyone who could show a receipt for purchasing the new Fiber Fueled Cookbook by Dr. Will B. I had already planned to buy it (because I love Dr. Will B!), and I know from experience that Robert offers the best care packages. So I did it, and look at all the awesome stuff he sent! And he did it all out of the goodness of his heart (he's was trying to help Dr. B get on the New York Times bestseller list, which he did!). 

No comments: