Thursday, May 5, 2022

Product Review: Mmmly Cookies

Last January, after reading by Dean and Ayesha Sherzai, I decided to cut way back on sugar. According to the Sherzais, sugar is a major contributor to Alzheimer's disease, and since dementia runs in my family, I figured there was no time like the present to start watching my sugar consumption. I haven't quit sugar completely (I like vegan donuts too much!), but I try not to take in more than 25 grams a day. And most days, I try to avoid it completely. I've mostly switched to monkfruit as a replacement.

But sometimes, I get a sweets craving and don't feel like blowing my sugar budget. Enter Mmmly Cookies! They sent me a few packs to review as a suggested Mother's Day post (because mom needs healthy cookies!). These cookies are plant-based, grain-free, keto and paleo-friendly, and sweetened with apples. So basically, everyone can eat them!


I first opened the Blueberry Shortbread, and I was immediately impressed by the chewy texture. I love a crunchy cookie sometimes, but I also can't resist a chewy one. The texture was somewhere between a cookie and a protein bar, but they didn't taste so healthy that you'd feel like you were eating a protein bar.


My favorite flavor was the Dark Chocolate Chip though. The chocolate chips in the Mmmly Cookies are sweetened with stevia, so they're healthier too! These were perfect as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea, but they're truly healthy enough to eat for breakfast or before bed if you get a craving.


No comments: