Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Beltane Eats!

Sunday (May 1) was Beltane, but since I was at Beale Street Music Fest all day, I didn't have much time to celebrate. So I pushed my celebration to May 2 (Monday). I started my day with a bowl of Tropical Chia Pudding from the Llewelyn's Sabbats Almanac. This book has recipes for all the Sabbats, and for Beltane, they suggest this chia pudding that's made with coconut milk, chia seeds, cardamom, and vanilla and topped with crushed pineapple, coconut flakes, and banana. It's very spring/summer-y, perfect for Beltane!

For lunch, I grabbed some Raw Zucchini Pasta with pesto from Raw Girls on my way into the office. After a weekend with lots of junk food and beer, this fresh, healthy meal was exactly what I needed. I also got some of their Raw Crackers to eat on the side.

Dinner was a Beltane snack plate with sliced Beyond Sausage, vegan Babybel cheese, oat cakes (a traditional Beltane food), veggies and hummus, and fresh strawberries (another Beltane food). I love snacky dinners like this, especially when accompanied by a glass of red wine. After dinner, I left a few strawberries and some biscotti out for the faeries!

No comments: