Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Sushi & Miso Soup Night!

In my seemingly neverending quest to make every recipe from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook, I made the Anti-Inflammatory Miso Soup on Monday night. This hearty miso soup has lots of turmeric (hence the color), quinoa, carrots, bok choy, and red cabbage, and it's very tasty. And way more filling than I would expect from a miso soup!

But you can't have miso without sushi, so I made some of that too. Just some basic Veggie Rolls with avocado, carrot, cucumber, and scallion. Sometimes, I do brown rice to be healthier, but white rice works so much better. 

I got this adorable sake set from my former colleagues at Crosstown Arts when I left for my new job. And they gave me a giant bottle sake to go with it. So I heated up some sake and enjoyed that with my meal. Love a good sushi night at home!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Such a cute sake set.

Jennifer Bliss said...

Cute Sake Set! Also nice EATS/Drinks!