Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Stuff I Ate

I have soooo many photos backed up in my "stuff I ate" folder, the random folder of meals that don't warrant a whole post but deserve to be shared. So rather than dump 20-some-odd pics on you in one night, I'm gonna post half tonight and half tomorrow night. I'll go backwards, starting with my most recent meals.

Tonight, I went to a film screening of Forks Over Knives (can you believe I'd never seen it??) at the Quan Am Buddhist Monastery. The event was organized by our local vegan meetup group, and it featured a catered meal by Derae, an awesome Orange Mound-area Ethiopian joint. Of course, I loaded up my plate with all the things! Injera love!


Yesterday's dinner was a quick and easy Hilary's Eat Well Veggie Burger (original flavor) with Go Veggie vegan cheddar, sriracha mustard, pickles, and lettuce on a whole wheat bun. Beets on the side because beets are awesome.


Paul surprised me with a Sweet Potato Mango Cupcake from Pink Diva Cupcakery on Monday night. Cassi had posted her flavors of the day on Facebook, and Paul loves sweet potato and mango, so he went across the street (Yes, I have a vegan cupcake bakery across the street from my house! Danger!) and grabbed a couple. This was stuffed with fresh, chopped mango. The sweet potato was cooked and mashed into the cake batter, which made for a very moist and delicious cupcake!


I'd packed this Sesame Teriyaki Noodle Bowl for Bonnaroo but didn't eat it at the campsite. So I had it for lunch when I went back to work on Monday. I added some frozen, marinated tofu and frozen veggies to make it a meal. I hadn't had time to shop for groceries by Monday, so this simple, convenient meal was perfect.


My brunch bitches and I had our one-year brunchaversary a couple Sundays ago. We started having weekly brunch (most weeks, anyway) at Imagine Vegan Cafe when they reintroduced their brunch menu a year ago. But this was post-Austin and pre-Bonnaroo, so I figured salad was my best choice. This was a Buffalo "Chicken" Salad with Vegan Ranch.


Omg, y'all. This new Daiya Cheezy Mac is the best vegan invention of all time. It has creamy squeeze cheese just like Velveeta Shells & Cheese. And it's gluten-free, which gives the pasta a better texture. Been eating this with salads.


One morning, I had this diner-style breakfast of Runny Tofu Eggs (made with Vegg yolk), Multigrain Toast with Viana Onion Butter (if you haven't tried this stuff, you're missing out), and Field Roast Apple-Maple Sausage.


Had some Caribbean Jerk Chicken Sliders made with Beyond Meat at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in Jonesboro last week while visiting my parents. Detox Greens Smoothie on the side.


Tried this Michele's Granola sample from my Vida Vegan Con swag bag over Vanilla Almond Dream Yogurt with a nectarine and some maca-covered sunflower seeds.


For a quick dinner last week, I combined a jar of Seeds of Change Jalfrezi Curry Sauce with tofu, cauliflower, and squash. Served with basmati rice and a side of sauteed kale.


Mmmm ... just looking at all that stuff makes me want to eat it again! Okay, well, that's it for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow with the rest.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow, that Daiya mac and cheese looks amazing! I have been hoping it comes to a store near me soon!

Hotels in Bangalore said...

I regular visit on your blog. I have to say your blog is so yummy :P

Dana Vickerson said...

Oh man! The runny tofu egg looks INCREDIBLE! I think I still have some of the vegg stuff somewhere. I need to look for it. Everything looks so tasty. I think I need a Memphis trip soon so I can eat at Imagine again.

Babette said...

The random stuff you eat always sound so fabulous, it's incredible. Thank you for sharing!