Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snack Bites: A Review

I keep snacks on my desk at work. Probably way more snacks than I'll ever eat. But it's a food security issue. Without a stockpile of pretzels, dried fruit, nuts, and other goodies, I worry that something catastrophic (the New Madrid Earthquake, the apocalypse, the last-ever season of American Horror Story) might happen and I will starve to death.

So when a company offers me a vegan snack product to review, I always say "Yes!" The world needs more snacks. My desk needs more snacks. One of the latest such offers came from Wholesome Meal. They have a line of nut butter-based protein snacks called Snack Bites.

Of the five flavors, only one is vegan. But they sent me a box with every flavor anyway. I re-gifted the non-vegan bites to my co-workers. I kept the Vegan Cran Almond Snack Bites for myself though:


These are little nut butter balls with crispy interiors. The Vegan Cran Almond is made with almond butter (non-GMO, of course), organic rice crisps, cranberries, molasses, and Proventive organic vegan protein (yellow pea protein isolate, organic sprouted brown rice protein concentrate, organic hemp protein concentrate, cranberry protein, chia protein).


Each little bite has 61 calories and four grams of protein. Perfect for mid-morning or mid-afternoon snacking. Unlike some of my desk snacks that might never get eaten (I'm sorry, goji berries!), I will certainly be enjoying all six of these tasty little bites. Few things make me happier than nut butter.

4 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

Those bites look like a perfect energy boost to get you through the day! Cranberry and almond is a great combo :)

Amey said...

Ha ha, goji berries. So true.

These little almond balls look super yums though!

Kendy P said...

those look/sound tasty!

Scissors and Spice said...

Mmm! They look like healthy little cookie balls!