Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Vegan Corn Dog Machine!

Okay, so my friend Cassi might get the distinction of "most blogged about three days in a row," but this Cassi-related post is actually an old one that I've been sitting on. Way back in October, Cassi bought me a Handy Gourmet Samba Snack Maker for my birthday.

The Samba Snack Maker can be used for anything from sweet dessert-filled crepes to corn dogs, and Cassi fully intended for me to use this for desserts. But I saw the word "corn dog" on the box, and I knew what would be happening with this machine. I LOVE corn dogs!

Now, I actually made my first batch of corn dogs in the Samba shortly after I got it, but I was thinking about making other stuff and doing a big ole post. So I've been sitting on it. But this has been a busy week, and cooking is mostly out of the question. I've decided to go ahead and show you what I have, and when I use it for dessert, I'll just do another post.

Anyway, here's the Samba in action:


I used the corn dog batter in the included recipe book, but I made it vegan by using Ener-G egg replacer to sub out the eggs called for. The wells are quite small, so I chopped the Lightlife Smart Dogs in half for mini-corn dogs!


Delicious! The thin batter makes these almost like hot dog-filled cornmeal crepes. I dipped these in maple mustard and served with slaw.

8 comments:

JohnP said...

YES!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allysia said...

Those mini corn dogs are freakin' cute! Although you kind of lose me on the "dipping in maple syrup part", I'd be all over the ketchup for that one. Maybe I'm just not as classy, ha ha. :)

K1Frog2 said...

Maple Mustard sounds just fine to me. I so want one of these!

chow vegan said...

Oh man, I have got to get my hands on one of those! Mini corn dogs are so cute! :-)

Jes said...

OMG CORNDOGS!!!!!

tender b. said...

Wow...

Demetrius said...

nice touch with the slaw :)