Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Mac, Burgers, Fritters, and More!

Oh hey, it's me again! I once again forgot to blog for a few weeks, but here I am! It's been a busy summer, but here are a few things I've been eating. This Rock Your Brocc mac & cheeze from Plant You was super good. It has a cheesy, noochy base with creamy coconut milk and lots of broccoli and carrots.

These Zucchini Fritters from Plant You were a winner, too. You grate the zucchini super finely in a food processor and then squeeze and drain the water, so they stick well — much like making latkes. It was served with a homemade tzatziki, also from the book.

A couple weeks ago, No Meat Athlete/Complement held its annual online Plantapalooza Festival, which featured vegan doctors and health experts. I'm still working my way through all the audio content. But they also shared an e-book of recipes. And I made this Garden Chickpea Omelet from that. It's stuffed with zucchini, bell pepper, onion, spinach, and a little vegan cheese. Topped with avocado and some pickled peppers from my garden.

And here's a quick Impossible Burger (I think?!) from the Bayou Bar & Grill. Met some friends for brunch there on Sunday, and then menu says it's a Beyond Burger. But it tastes like Impossible to me! And I prefer Impossible anyway. They also have great fries!

2 comments:

Gaming Hero said...

whoah this weblog is wonderful i really like studying your posts.
Keep up the good paintings! You already know,
a lot of individuals are hunting around for this info,
you could help them greatly.
Bangladesh vs New Zealand

Anonymous said...

I am very intrigued by mac and cheese with coconut milk. Will have to give that a try. I am with you on preferring the Impossible burger over Beyond. Something about the smell of Beyond just turns me off. It is nice that we vegans have so many choices nowadays! - Sri.