Thursday, March 21, 2024

Ostara Eats!

The Spring Equinox, also called Ostara, was Tuesday, and it's a holiday traditionally celebrated with eggs. But that's a no-go for me. Thankfully, Just Egg is back on shelves after a brief shortage. So, I made the Blue Cheese & Mushroom Quiche from the Llewelyn's Witches' Datebook Calendar, but I subbed Just Egg for the eggs and Violife Feta for the blue cheese.

I have purchased a vegan blue cheese at Sprouts before, but they were out. Still, I think this Violife feta is closer to the crumbly texture of dairy blue cheese, so it was probably better here anyway. I made a homemade pie crust (not the prettiest but very flaky and buttery), and that was filled with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and garlic and sprinkled with the feta. Then I just poured a whole carton of Just Egg over the fillings and baked until it set.


So good! This was one of those meals I'm glad I have multiple servings of. On the side, I made the Oven Fries with Scotch Dipping Sauce (vegan mayo, dijon, and vegan honey) from the Llewelyn's Sabbats Almanac (a different book with seasonal witchy recipes).

2 comments:

Jenny said...

This sounds AMAZING, and easy as well. I'm going to try it next week while my son is home.
I commented on your post about Srimu cheese, but forgot to ask if you ever have a chance to meet Julie. I mean I'm sure she's not there all the time, but I would imagine she's there sometimes? I just love her (love her episodes on Rich Roll podcast) and she seems like an amazing person to know in real life.

Bianca said...

Hi Jenny! Yes, I actually got to interview her for a story on SriMu for the newspaper I write for. So, we met up at Crosstown for that. And she also attended the opening night party!