Thursday, October 5, 2023

Breakfast Burger, Taco Tuesday, and Ratatouille

On Saturday, I ran the Stanky Creek 25K, my fifth time doing that race and my third with the 25K distance there (I did the 50K one year and a 13.1 in the early days of the race when it had more distance options). I PR'd my Stanky 25K course record, despite the heat. And then after a shower and a protein smoothie, I went to a Memphis hash run and did another 4.5 miles (with beer!). So, at the end of the day, I put in a little over 20 miles. And I was hungry!

Lucky me, Imagine Vegan Cafe posted this Breakfast Burger special on their Instagram that morning, so I knew exactly what to grab for dinner. This was a Beyond patty, vegan cheese, veggie bacon, sriracha mayo, and a Yo Egg vegan fried egg! It was my first time trying Yo Eggs, and they were so amazing. I love the running yolk that oozed out everywhere when I bit into the burger.

On the Tuesday before the race, the Stanky race director, Peter, and his wife Laura invited me out for Taco Tuesday at Global Cafe. We discussed some Stanky plans for next year, some ways the race is changing. And I had the Black Bean Tacos with free chips and salsa and the best-ever margarita for just $4. I mean, the marg was just $4. It's super-cheap when you order tacos.

And here's another recipe from the Complement website. The Autumn Ratatouille has butternut squash, brussels, carrots, green apple, and tomato, and there's a little unflavored, unsweetened Complement Protein mixed in. It was great with chickpea pasta for a super-protein boost!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a lot of mileage in one day! But it looks like you had some great restorative food. That vegan egg is a bit jarring realistic looking…. - Sri

Jenny said...

First of all, congratulations on your race! And second... I have not heard of Yo Egg until now! I want to try it, but it doesn't look like the type of thing I can waltz into the grocery store and buy, yet. But now it's on my radar, I'll find it.

Cadry's Kitchen said...

I'm so excited to try that Yo Egg! Nowhere near me has it, but maybe I'll spy it on a trip sometime.