Monday, October 3, 2022

Oktoberfest Dinner!

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Even though I'm not a fan of fall weather (I like it hot), I love Halloween and Oktoberfest and my birthday (Oct. 16!) and Thanksgiving. So fall holidays are the BEST! Oktoberfests are happening at our local breweries almost every weekend, and the real Oktoberfest is underway in Munich until Oct. 3. 

To celebrate, I had a little Oktoberfest at home last night with a Beyond Brat on a pretzel bun with roasted onion mustard (an Amish treat from the little Amish store by my parents' house) and homemade pink kraut. I've seen these pretzel buns at Sprouts a few times, but I usually stick with whole wheat so I've bypassed them. But one must have pretzels for Oktoberfest!

On the side, I made the Smoky Potato Salad from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. This is a mayo-free salad with an olive oil-based dressing and smoky paprika. Really tasty!

And of course, I had an Oktoberfest beer! I love the new Danke Oktoberfest from Soul & Spirits Brewery. If you live in Memphis and haven't been to Soul & Spirits yet, get there. Best brewery in town. They make every beer true to style and serve beers in the appropriate glassware. And if you're visiting and only have time for one brewery, go there (and if you have time for two, hit up Crosstown Brewing next!). 


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I agree- fall holidays are the best. You've inspired me! I'll make an Octoberfest meal this weekend.

Misterveg said...

Nice Plant based Meat