Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Fiber Fueled 4 Weeks!

Y'all know I love Dr. Will B and his new Fiber Fueled Cookbook. But before I read that (a few months ago), I read the original Fiber Fueled book (last year). I actually got the book because Paul was having serious GI issues, and I was hoping to learn how to fix before it got too bad. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and Paul had surgery last year for perforated diverticulitis. But I knew, once he was well, we'd eventually try the Fiber Fueled four-week meal plan. We finally decided to do it for the month of August.

We started the plan yesterday. I'm not following it as is, but rather writing my own plan using Dr. Will B's recipes (and adding in a few other whole food, plant-based snacks). I'm also going to be having some meals in restaurants along the way, not being super strict. And Paul can't seem to give up dairy, so he'll still have some cheese and ranch dressing.

Day one started with Super Seedy Porridge with oats, hemp, chia, almond butter, vanilla, maple, and berries.


Plus, some Lemon-Ginger Tea after breakfast! Dr. Will B is big on digestive teas.


My morning snack wasn't on the plan, but I had some Miyoko's Smoked Farmhouse Cheddar with Apples. I bought some Miyoko's cheese about a week ago and need to finish it up!


Lunch was The Daily Salad with broccoli sprouts, chickpeas, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, tofu, pickled beets, and (not on the plan) Kelly's croutons (cause they are life). I also had some homemade sourdough on the side. Dr. B is all about the sourdough!


Before hitting the gym, I had two Coconut Oat Balls with peanut butter and dark chocolate. These were FIRE!


And dinner was Curry Tofu Bok Choy with brown rice. This was a tasty Thai-style coconut curry, and I could literally drink the sauce. Glad I have leftovers!


I'll be posting our meals throughout the week, but I also have some older food images that need to be posted. So I'll intersperse those in as well! Looking forward to these next four weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a delicious day of eats! Good luck to you and Paul for the next 30 days. - Sri