Wednesday, January 12, 2022

30-Day NEURO Plan, Days 9-10

I don't have a lot to share for Days 9 and 10 on my 30-Day NEURO Plan! I mostly ate leftovers on Monday, so I have zero pics for Day 9. But I can tell you that I started Monday with a banana with almond butter and coffee before my 4-mile run. After my run, I had a cherry almond butter smoothie.

Lunch was leftover mushroom and swiss chard pasta, and dinner was leftover split pea soup. I had a community development meeting Monday night, so I was glad to have leftovers for a quick meal.

On Tuesday morning, I woke up and had coffee and a Larabar before heading to my body burn class at the gym. Afterward, I had some leftover Zucchini Chickpea Pancakes topped with spicy green hummus, salad greens, salsa, and tomatoes. An excellent breakfast!

Lunch was the last of the leftover split pea soup, and dinner was this amazing Spicy Tofu Cauli Bowl from The 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution. This has a base of brown rice, topped with sauteed cauliflower, kale, pinto beans, and smoky-cumin tofu, plus an almond-chipotle sauce that was to die for! So glad this recipe made enough for a few days. This may be my favorite meal from the book so far!

Leftovers are crucial for me surviving a meal plan! I don't have time to cook every day, so I often need to have a couple of meals batch-cooked for the week!

1 comment:

Sri said...

I’m glad you are able to rely on leftovers. Cooking new recipes always takes me extra time. That Cauliflower bowl is swoon worthy.