Monday, November 22, 2021

Biscuits, Porridge, & Tofu Scram

Sorry for the lack of posting last week! It was just a busy week. This past weekend, I ran the Nashville Rock & Roll Marathon, and I'll post a full race recap soon. But today, here's a quick post with some recent breakfasts. 

A couple Sundays ago, I woke up and realized I had everything I needed to make Biscuits & Gravy! I'm loving this break from 50K training because it means sleeping in and not running on Sundays. And that means big breakfasts! I had some Gardein vegan sausage and homemade vegan biscuits (from a recent dinner) in the freezer, so I whipped up the sausage sage gravy from Cookin' Crunk and had myself a nice breakfast feast.

Speaking of biscuits, here's a Black-eyed Pea Sausage Biscuit from LuLu's that I picked up from the Cooper-Young Farmer's Market. I'd planned to take it home and heat it after my run that day, but I was so famished after my run that I just ate it cold in the car. Was still delicious!

And here's a Tofu Scramble plate! I used the No Meat Athlete recipe from their Health Made Simple plan with lots of turmeric, cumin, onions, garlic, and spinach. Plus, some air-fried home fries on the side.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bliss said...

Since I'm a horrible baker I always LOVE seeing everyone's attempts and am a little jealous (but in a good way) and your biscuits look great! And you can't go wrong with a Tofu Scramble!