Thursday, September 9, 2021

Camping in Nashville: Part 3

I'm back with the last installment of my Nashville camping trip posts! My last two posts detailed how we ended up camping in Nashville (rather than at Bonnaroo, as planned), our road trip to Fall Creek Falls, and more. And tonight, I've got a recap of Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday morning started in much the same way that Friday morning did — with pancakes! But this time, I added dried blueberries, which I'd packed to add to oat cups. The sausage is Morningstar Farms Maple Sausage. 

I'm currently on day 252 of a yoga streak, so I made sure to do yoga every day at the campsite. I am using the Yoga with Adriene monthly calendars most days, but for the trip, I found some of her travel yoga videos. 

We didn't pack our kayaks for this trip because we never intended to be camping in Nashville, but since we ended up there, we decided to spend Saturday kayaking on the Harpeth River in Kingston Springs (right outside Nashville). The kayaking rental shops had been closed for several days prior to Saturday because Hurricane Ida caused the river to be too high to kayak safely. But it was down enough on Saturday to be considered safe. It still moved a little faster than normal, so our 3-hour trip was over in less than 3 hours.



We have a little tradition any time we kayak the Harpeth. We always stop at Tailgate Brewery on the way back to Nashville for pizza and beer. It's located just a few miles from the kayak rental shops, and they have Vegan Cheese & Beyond Sausage Pizza!



We were worn out after kayaking and pizza, so we spent the rest of the night hanging out at the campsite.

The next day, Sunday, was check-out day. We woke up to light rain, so we sat under our camper's awning and had a quick breakfast of ramen! I love these Soon Veggie Ramen Cups!

Then we packed up and headed out. But first, we had to stop at Graze for brunch! Unfortunately, there was a 45-minute wait for a table, and we wanted to hit the road, so I ended up just ordering takeout (and Paul ended up not ordering anything because they took his favorite biscuits and gravy off the menu). I got the Nashville Hot Tempeh Biscuit with coleslaw and ranch. Damn, this was good!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you ended up having fun after all. The waterfall are amazing! Wish I could have some of that delicious looking pizza.

Sri said...

I have never heard of a Nashville tempeh biscuit - but now it is all I want!

Jenny said...

You really know how to roll with the punches! I just read all three camping posts at once. Just goes to show how much fun you can have if you have the right attitude. All the food looks delicious! I'll have to try your pancake recipe sometime.