Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Cinco de Mayo Eats & More!

Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holidays! I love how Americans will find any reason to create a drinking holiday, even when that day is not really celebrated in the country we're supposed to be celebrating! Global Café at Crosstown Concourse had a Cinco special of tacos with $2.95 margaritas. I go there often for Taco Tuesday because their general manger/cocktail genius Juan makes the greatest marg. They're extra-strong so all you need is one! I lovingly call them "Juanaritas"! Please note my taco Goodr sunglasses and Cinco shirt. I'm all in!! I also had avocado earrings!

I ordered the Black Bean Tacos too! These have black beans, tomatillo salsa, and red onions. They're best black bean tacos I've ever had. I order these often! 

Paul isn't a fan of tacos (because he is crazy), so he ordered the Black Bean Empanadas. But they ended up giving him some bonus chicken empanadas because they ran out of chips and salsa, and he REALLY wanted chips and salsa. So he ended up with leftover black bean empanadas, which I heated in the air fryer the next day for lunch. They're so tasty with Global's homemade habanero-garlic salsa!

In keeping with the Mexican theme, I had Pinto Bean Tamales for lunch one day last week. My mom bought a bunch of vegan tamales from a local tamale-maker a while back, and I stashed them in my freezer. They're so good with the vegan cheese, hot sauce, avocado, and guacamole salsa.

And here's a Mexican Black Rice Bowl. I got some black rice in my CSA, so I used that as a base for a bowl with black beans, zucchini, carrots, kale, avocado, scallion, and guacamole salsa. My favorite at-home meals are just bowls with rice, beans, and veggies!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

As always, you know how to celebrate! Love the shirt and sunglasses, and those tacos look amazing. I love tomatillo sauce.