Wednesday, May 24, 2017

More Stuff I Ate

Here are some more things I ate over the past few weeks!

I did all kinds of things with the buffalo hummus I made last week from No Meat Athlete, but most of it found its way into Veggie & Hummus Pitas like this one with buffalo hummus, kraut, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, tomato, carrot, and baby spinach.


On the side I had some Beanfield's Pico de Gallo Tortilla Chips with a new dip that I found at Natural Grocers in Jonesboro, Arkansas. This Chipotle Chili Dip is by Good Lovin', and it's made from nuts and seeds. It's vegan and paleo-friendly, but it tastes like a creamy cheese dip. Very good!



On Sunday night, Paul and I went to visit our friend Tyler who was working at Ghost River Brewery. We had a few drinks and played some ring toss. I had the brunch special (served all day and night) Bloody Beer with Ghost River Grindhouse Ale and Nikki's Hot Ass Bloody Mary Mix (it's vegan and locally made!). After that, I had the Beerita (not pictured) — a pilsner mixed with a splash of margarita mix and a salted rim.


I went shopping out east on Saturday afternoon, and hunger struck while I was shopping at Whole Foods. I knew I had a sandwich at home planned for dinner, so I just wanted a small snack. I made a Snack Salad from the salad bar (golden beets, baked tofu, carrot, radish, wheat berries, and pickled tomatoes).


This morning, after my 4-mile run, I tried something new with my FitQuick protein waffles! I made a Pizza Waffle Grilled Cheese! FitQuick pizza waffle with Chao cheese, spinach, tomato, and roasted red pepper.


I didn't have any leftovers for lunch today, but I have all kinds of things in my fridge/freezer to throw together a random meal, like this Tempeh Peanut Veggie Bowl. I cooked some I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa and topped that with steamed broccoli and squash and some baked, marinated tempeh cubes. I whipped up a quick peanut sauce using PB2 powder, sriracha, garlic powder, ginger powder, and water. I didn't measure anything in the sauce, just mixed for taste and texture. This was SUPER good.


Well, that's it for this week's randomness. I'll be back with a fun cookbook review tomorrow!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I really need buffalo hummus in my life, it sounds so good! Your pita looks so fresh and delicious!
That waffle grilled cheese looks outstanding too!

Sarah said...

That pizza waffle grilled cheese is EVERYTHING!! That thing looks so delicious! The pita sandwich looks really great too!

Unknown said...

That veggie tempeh bowl looks delicious! I swear i just can't do the whole foods salad bar any more. Apparently i have limited self control and a talent for making crazy expensive salads! I'm impressed with your pretty little snack salad. The cheesey dip looks great, i haven't seen that brand before
Ttrockwood