Thursday, May 26, 2016

Vegan Cuts Snack Box Review!

I've long been a fan of Vegan Cuts, the monthly vegan box subscription service and seller of discounted vegan products. I used to subscribe to their beauty box (4-5 full- and sample-sized products a month), but I swapped that out for a Goddess Provisions box a few months back (which, by the way, is run by the same couple who runs Vegan Cuts) simply because my budget doesn't allow for two box subscriptions. I'm also fortunate to be a Vegan Cuts Ambassador, meaning if people use the links on the Vegan Cuts ads on the right side of this page (or this link right here!) to buy products, I make a buck or two.

In fact, Vegan Cuts and Goddess Provisions are the only companies I work with for advertising on this blog. I've hung out with owners Jill and John at Vida Vegan Con (we did karaoke ... okay, well, we watched other people do karaoke). They're super-nice people, and their businesses are small, vegan-owned companies that I'm proud to promote and support.

Anyway, Vegan Cuts occasionally gives out a handful of snack boxes to its ambassadors to review. I was chosen as one of the lucky reviewers this time! My snack box arrived early this week!



So much goodness in here! It's been awhile since I've received a snack box, and Vegan Cuts has REALLY stepped up their game since then. I was blown away by the number and quality of products. 13 things!! There was an Enjoy Life Choco Loco Chewy Bar, a Ginny Bakes Love & Nuts bar, an Earnest Eats granola bar, Eat Whatever mints, Vibrant Health matcha chocolate protein powder, Lazy Susan's Granola, Jalapeno Skinny Pop, Pico de Gallo Beanfield's chips, Made in Nature ancient grain & rice meal, Pacific oat milk, High Brew cold brew coffee, Chili-Lime Dang coconut chips, and chocolate mint Home Free cookies! Whew! Lots of stuff.

I haven't had a chance to try everything yet, but I'm quickly working through my box. I loved the idea of the cold brew coffee in a can. It's so rare to find a lightly sweetened, dairy-free coffee to go. This only has 20 calories and the slightest hint of sweetness. And it's black, which is awesome. I chilled this and had it on the way to work one morning.


My dad and I both are huge fans of Dang toasted coconut chips, but I'd only ever had the plain, bacon, and caramel sea salt flavors. The chili-lime was new to me, and I think it's my favorite of them all. It's sweet and savory and spicy and tangy. I need to find more of these for my dad to try!


I'm slightly obsessed with breath mints. I always carry some sort of mint or gum in my bag, so I was excited to try these Eat Whatever mints. It's a two-step system. First, you swallow the vegan gel cap, which has peppermint and parsley oil inside. That's supposed to help with long-term freshening. Then, you eat the white mint for instant freshness. I tried this, and it kind of worked for about 15 minutes or so. 


I had the Love & Nuts fruit and nut bar before a board meeting on Tuesday night. It was loaded with all sorts of dried fruit (I remember lots of coconut) and nuts, and it kept me satisfied for a couple hours before I could get dinner. Really loved this bar!


The Skinny Pop is probably my favorite snack in the box. I'm a popcorn-aholic, and I love jalapeno-flavored anything. I will definitely be buying more of this!


There was one "snack" that wasn't really a snack at all. The Made in Nature Cuban Mojo Ancient Grain Fusion pouch was actually a meal! It's a mix of grains (including forbidden rice, hence the color), legumes, and mojo sauce, and you simply microwave the pouch for 60 seconds. It was supposed to be two servings, but it was one for my appetite. I had this for lunch today with added baked balsamic tofu, fresh sprouts, and tomato.


I have a few snacks left to try! Saving the chips, oat milk, granola, and the rest of the bars to pack for Bonnaroo, which is coming up in a few weeks. The oat milk will be great in my campsite coffee in the mornings (or maybe I'll have it with the granola as a Bonnaroo breakfast). I'm probably gonna down those gluten-free chocolate mint cookies asap (tomorrow?). And the protein powder will find its way into a smoothie very soon. 

5 comments:

Dana Vickerson said...

I am loving this month's box! The ancient grain pouch has been amazing. I got three lunches out of it, because I wrapped it up with spinach and onions. So tasty! Also, those pico chips are amazing!

Chrissy said...

That matcha chocolate protein powder sounds like a dream!! Let me know if it tastes like it too?!

Sarah said...

I used to subscribe to the beauty and snack boxes but had to cut them for budget reasons and I really miss the snack box! I love being able to sample new vegan foods without having to purchase a whole big package first. I am obsessed with Skinny Pop! It's the only pre-popped popcorn I ever buy. The snack bar sounds great too!

Susan said...

Wow, what a great looking box. So much variety in there!

Jennifer said...

i loved the pico de gallo bean and rice chips and the jalepeno popcorn! Sadly I haven't found either in a store nearby *womp womp*