Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sheridan & Drew's Vegan Housewarming!

My friends Sheridan and Drew bought their first house recently. It's in Little Rock, where they've lived for years. But they've always been renters, and now they're owners! Here's a pic of them with their new house a few weeks ago before they cleaned up the yard. I love how this pic looks like the opening shot of some HGTV show.


This past Saturday night, Sheridan and Drew had their housewarming party, and Paul and I made the two-and-a-half-hour drive from Memphis to celebrate with them. Sadly, I failed to take any pics of them together at the party. I kept meaning to. Sheridan and I took about a million selfies though!


And I did get lots of food pics because I never forget those! Sheridan made an awesome vegan spread! There were Vegan Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll-Ups with black olives! I ate so many of these!


And a party just isn't a party without Vegan Pigs in Blankets!


Sheridan also made some Cheeseburger Rotel Dip using vegan crumbles and a noochy sauce. We renamed it Rotel YEAH! Because "burger dip" didn't sound very sexy.


There was Guacamole and Salsa.


And Chocolate Chip Cookies from the PPK! Best chocolate chip cookies EVER!


Dana from Vanishing Veggie came over! And she brought some more snacks — Vegan Chicken Salad and Crackers and some Kite Hill Almond Cream Cheese. But I failed to photograph those. Sheridan did get this shot of Dana ready to devour ALL the pigs in blankets.


Speaking of Dana, Paul and I hung out with her in the area of Sheridan's backyard that I like to call Magic Fairy Circle. It's this lovely, witchy area with trees, bamboo, and all sorts of crystals buried in the yard from the previous owner. If I lived here, I'd never leave the backyard!


Oh, and let's not forget booze! It was a party, right? Sheridan and Drew arranged an ice bucket filled with beers, and there was a bowl of coozies. CUTE!


I picked up some assorted craft beers at Whole Foods there. And this 8-Bit Pale Ale was the highlight for sure! Nice can, light hops.


Happy Housewarming, Sheridan and Drew!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, y'all know how to party! Everything looks so tasty! What was in the vegan cream cheese tortilla wraps besides vegan cream cheese?

vegan.in.brighton said...

Those choc chip cookies from the PPK are the best! I love them!

Bianca said...

Unknown, I'm not sure of everything but there were definitely black olives and green onions! Maybe some chipotle?

Dana Vickerson said...

So good to see you guys. Those pigs in a blanket were AMAZING! Josh really liked the tortilla roll ups that I brought home. I must get the recipe. Good party! :)

Sheridan said...

Yayyy! Party!!! The tortilla rollups were a mixture of Tofutti cream cheese and Better-than-sour -cream, about a half of a packet of taco seasoning, diced black olives and green onions, a few tablespoons of salsa and a few squirts of Valentina's hot sauce. Super simple!

Susan said...

Congratulations to Sheridan and Drew. :D

That food looks so good, I want some of the pigs in blankets and the roll ups in particular! But also the cookies. And the dips. Basically I will just eat it all.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe, Sheridan! Sounds incredible!