Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Vegan Garden, Day 3

For the past two days, I've posted about my meal plan of homemade, frozen, vegan dishes from The Vegan Garden, a food delivery service that ships meals to busy vegans via FedEx. You can choose a meal plan, and they'll ship as many breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and desserts as you need.

They sent me a three-day Pioneer Meal plan that included breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert for each day for review. Here's what I was given for day three.


Breakfast was a Chocolate Muffin, which I enjoyed with a banana and a glass of almond milk.


Wow! This was definitely the best breakfast of the three they sent. I LOVED THIS MUFFIN! It was so soft and moist, and there were melty chocolate chips in the middle (cause I warmed the thawed muffin in the microwave for 15 seconds).

Lunch was Bangkok Salad, which I had with a green cucumber-tomato salad.


These were peanut noodles, which were supposed to be eaten cold. Loved the creamy, peanutty sauce. And while I wouldn't have guessed that noodles would hold their texture after freezing, I'd have been wrong. You couldn't tell this dish had ever been frozen. And yes, I added sriracha.

I had my dessert for an afternoon snack 'cause I always get hungry around 3:30-ish. I enjoyed this Chocolate Chip Cookie with a cup of hot black tea (which, as always, I'm trying to learn to love).


The cookie had that fresh-from-the-cookie-store-in-the-mall taste. That's the best way I can explain it. When I was a kid, I always thought the mall cookies were better than homemade for some reason. And this had that certain taste. It was soft but held its shape well. No crumbly vegan cookies here.

Finally, dinner was Zesty Zucchini Soup, which I served over brown rice and doused with sriracha.


It may look like a mystery green puree, but damn was this good. Zucchini, squash, green chilies, onions, and spices are blended together. The one thing that's been most surprising (and pleasant) about The Vegan Garden's meals has been how well-spiced all of these dishes have been. Nothing needed added salt. Everything was very flavorful.

That's all for my three days of meals. I'm a little sad that it's over, and I'll have to go back to cooking tomorrow. I've enjoyed being lazy (and very busy) for the past few days. If you're a busy vegan and would like home-cooked meals delivered to your door, you should probably check out The Vegan Garden's meal plans. They're a little pricey, but you're paying for convenience and, of course, delicious meals.

3 comments:

GlutenFreeHappyTummy said...

what an interesting concept! vegan mail order meals! what will they think of next. looks like some good grub!

Sarah said...

Wow, it looks like some more really great meals! I'm impressed that everything still had great texture, even out of the freezer. The muffin and cookie look incredible and you had me at peanut sauce ;)

luminousvegans said...

That is a great concept for busy vegans. I like your extra added touches on them :-)