Sunday, July 29, 2012

Vote for Me!

In this election season, I'm sure you're all thinking about the presidential race (I'm rooting for Obama, but I'm pretty sure y'all already knew this liberal vegan's politics). Well, the presidential race is pretty darn important. But there is one more contest that you shouldn't skip — Ethical Ocean's Vegan Recipe Challenge!

My Tofu Deviled Eggy Bites are in the running, and I'm up against some pretty stiff competition. There's Chocolate Covered Katie's Deep Dish Cookie Pie, Hannah Kaminsky's Pomegranate Ice Cream Pops, and Barb's Grilled Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas, plus about twenty or so other mouth-watering recipes from fellow vegan bloggers.


My eggy bites taste just like deviled eggs. I swear. Even omnis are blown away when I serve these little dudes at parties. The magic is in the black salt. Guess that makes it black magic, but anyway ... The full recipe is up on Ethical Ocean's site, plus you can see everyone else's recipes too.

You get one vote per day, and polls are open for the next 15 days. So if you could vote for me daily, I'd love you forever. Aw, what the hell? I'll love you forever anyway. But it'd still be way cool if you'd vote for me.

Each time you cast a daily vote, you are automatically entered into a random drawing of all votes made that day. So you can win something just for voting! I'm not sure if recipe authors win anything, but I'm voting for myself too so I can enter those daily drawings. In case you didn't know, Ethical Ocean is a cool vegan online shop on which every product they sell must meet at least one of these designations: Good for People, Good for Animals, or Good for the Environment. Who wouldn't love that, right?

6 comments:

Josh said...

Even if I didn't know about this blog, I would have voted for your dish. It's by far the most innovative among the contestants.

Anonymous said...

Just voted for you. Love those eggy bites. Good luck & hope u win.

Barb@ThatWasVegan said...

I have got to try those eggy bites! I used to be quite a fan of deviled eggs, back in the day...

Des said...

Bah! Ethical Ocean keeps freezing up on me. I shall try again later. GOOD LUCK! :)

Anonymous said...

those look incredible! i love the fact that its tofu!!! yum!and GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Richa said...

i like this idea of the eggy bites!