Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Farm Vegan Retreat, Part Three

Over the past couple of days, I've been sharing pictures from my weekend Vegan Retreat on the Farm in Summertown, Tennessee. The retreat began Friday night with a dinner and went all day Saturday with cooking demonstrations, yoga, and a Farm tour.

On Saturday night, the retreat attendees attended the wedding reception of Rick and Rose at the Farm Community Center.

Rick is a part-time Farm resident, and he used to work for the Book Publishing Company. In fact, he was the first person I met at BPC when he would send me books to review on this blog. Now, the Book Publishing Company is publishing my cookbook, and if it wasn't for me forming a friendship with Rick, I might have never decided to send them a proposal. Rose, his awesome new wife, is a ball of positive energy. I had the pleasure of meeting her at my last vegan retreat in February, and she's just as fun as can be.

The two spontaneously got hitched on a recent vacation to Hawaii, but they held their reception with all their Farm friends back home. To celebrate, there was a lovely vegan spread prepared by the Farm's fantabulous cook, Roberta. Here's the Spinach Dip:

And an ADORABLE heart-shaped block of Uncheese!! Not sure what recipe this is, but I feel certain it's from Joanne Stepaniak's The Uncheese Cookbook:

And check out these perfectly roasted Sweet Potatoes:

When I was at the Farm last February, I demonstrated how to make my BBQ Tempeh and Carrot Sliders. Rick and Rose requested the recipe to serve at their reception!! Here's a slider stuffed onto my plate of veggie sushi (made by the retreat class), crackers, uncheese, and dip:

The night before the reception, Rick and Rose made a Vegan Wedding Cake using one of Fran Costigan's recipes from More Great Good Dairy Free Desserts. Sadly, Paul and I had to leave for Memphis before the cake was cut since we had a 3 1/2 hour drive home. I'm sure it was delectable!

Just as we were headed out the door, a few of the Farm's musicians formed a little jam session! Cute!

Anyway, that's all for my Farm Vegan Retreat recap. Back to regularly scheduled Mofo-ing tomorrow!

7 comments:

jessy said...

awww! Rick and Rose are too cute, and i love that they requested your bbq tempeh and carrot sliders. so awesome, Bianca! everything looks so awesome!

The Health Sensei said...

those SLIDERS rock my socks!

Sheridan said...

Yay for Rick and Rose!! The food looks awesome and I think it's great that they wanted your BBQ tempeh and carrot sliders for their reception! You should just start catering vegan weddings. haha!

Only 3 more days 'til we get to hang out!

bitt said...

I know Rick, nice guy! Congrats, Rick if you are reading this. Wishing you and Rose lots of happiness together for many years.

I love your The Farm recaps, I want to go there someday.

urban vegan said...

Looks like good, clean, vegan fun!

tender b. said...

That uncheese is intense.

ResettleElyse said...

This sounds great. Looks like a yummy retreat too! :)