I just love Meet the Shannons! If you haven't discovered this fabulous blog yet, get thine ass over there now. Bloggers Annie and Dan use the blog to showcase their veganized versions of Betty Crocker's finest recipes. I have a massive to-make list compiled from the drool-worthy posts on their blog, and I finally got around to making one last night. This Crunchy Vegan Asian Chicken Salad:
It features my all-time favorite food in the universe — Ramen noodles!!! The crunchy noodles are fried up in a little Earth Balance and some sesame oil (no, this isn't a low fat recipe ... and no, I do not care), along with Morningstar Farms chicken strips and sesame seeds. Then it's all tossed with broccoli slaw, green onions, mandarin oranges, and a homemade sesame dressing. And of course, I spiced mine with loads of sriracha. Just damn delicious. Make this. Please.
Oh, and that's a steamed wheat bun peeking out from the back of the plate. I purchase those at my neighborhood Vietnamese market and keep 'em in my freezer at all times.
On another note, the adorable Kelly Paloza, author of the Vegan Cookie Connoisseur and blogstress at Seitan Beats Your Meat, and the super-talented baking whiz Glauce of All About (Vegan) Food, both passed me the Stylish Blogger Award. Thanks ladies! Now I'm supposed to tell y'all five things (okay, it was seven, but I'm short on time so I'm changing it) about me and pass the award on. Here goes:
1. I'll eat just about anything so long as its vegan. The only two foods I do NOT like are licorice and arugala. That's it.
2. Until recently, I rarely ever ate fruit. Just not really a fan. When I want sweets, I'd rather have cake. But I'm really working on this. Trying to eat a piece of fruit everyday. This morning, I had a banana. Yesterday, I had a grapefruit. Baby steps.
3. I don't care for most music recorded between 1950 and 1980, with the exception of early punk rock and some disco. I hate the Beatles. I hate all classic rock. I mostly hate all modern indie rock. I make no apologies for this. I do not care how uncool that is. I mostly listen to dance music, rap, hip-hop, and late 1990s punk rock. Lady Gaga is my goddess.
4. I'm learning to hoop dance! I've been able to hula-hoop on my waist forever, but now I'm using the Hoopnotica videos to learn crazy moves like corkscrews and floating. Still very much a novice, but I'm getting there.
5. Since mid-December, I've had a crazy messed-up right index finger. I was bitten by a cat that I was trying to save after it was run over by a car. The bite immediately got infected. I took antibiotics and the infection seemed to clear, but I developed a boutonniere's deformity (look it up). Now my finger is stuck in a crooked position and I have to wear a finger brace 24/7. Next week, I'm scheduled for a finger MRI. I've learned to type, write, and do pretty much everything with nine fingers. Hopefully, I'll get my finger back one day. Oh, and yes I am right-handed.
Okay, now I'll pass the Stylish Blogger Award on to three of my fave bloggers (the rules said seven, but I'm changing that part too):
* Lauren and Eric at Goodbye Texas, Hello PA (because I'd love to have fancy cocktails with them!)
* Jen at That Pain In the Ass Vegan (because if we ever meet in real life, we're gonna have so much fun!!)
* Dianne at Singer Eats (because her latest post on Everything Toast is so right up my alley!).