Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dinner and Dessert, ACT-Style

Hey guys! Quick post tonight. Just saw Avatar and it was ohmygod amazing! I wanna live in Pandora forever ... however, reality has kicked back in and I must get some shut eye lest I be sleepy all day tomorrow with no coffee to perk me up.

Enough with the coffee whining though. I only have six days left on the Adventure Cleanse Tune-Up (ACT). Thank goddess. At least the cleanse allows me to eat pure deliciousness like this Buddha Bowl:

Sorry for the crappy photo, but it was dark outside and I had to use the flash. My indoor lighting is no good for late-night food photography. But trust me when I say this bowl was yummy. It's quinoa, black beans, steamed brussel sprouts, zucchini, carrots, avocado, flax oil, nooch, Bragg's, and hot sauce. Hells yes. Got the idea from this recipe post on Crazy Sexy Life.

For dessert, I had some Chocolate Chia Pudding from Gena's Choosing Raw blog:

Ya'll, chia seeds are magical. For real. This was my first time using them, and I was totally wowed. You make this scrumptious chocolate macadamia nut milk, plop some chia seeds in, and within minutes, those little boogers soak up all the liquid and get all gooey-creamy. The texture reminded me of marshmallow fluff.

Even if you can't find chia seeds (my Whole Foods sells 'em in bulk), Gena's raw chocolate macadamia nut milk recipe is worth checking out. It's creamy and chocolate-y and tastes like everything good in the world. Luckily, I had some milk left after making the pudding!

Don't forget to enter my $50 shopping spree contest for iHerb.com. Check it out here.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never used chia seeds before but that pudding is making me think about it very seriously...

nora said...

I haven't used chia seeds yet either, I'm intimidated!

Anonymous said...

That Buddha Bowl looks awesome. I've been meaning to try it, and the chia seeds, for some time now. I think you may have just given me the push I needed to do so :)

Anonymous said...

I really need to try chia seeds. Everyone is always talking about how great they are and I am very intrigued.

Nice article on CrazySexyLife! I'm going to try your soup recipe.

Anonymous said...

I've been curious about Chia seeds for a while....might have to check them out!

Serena said...

Chocolate chia pudding is SO GOOD. I made it with almond milk the last time I was home with my family, and it was delish but not so creamy. I'm going to have to try it with chocolate macadamia nut milk, it sounds deadly. :)

kurdistan said...

didnt use chia sessds before it will be amazing to try it

Jessica said...

I am obsessed with chia seeds. I love them in raw pudding (like what you did) & in oatmeal. They're fantastic & so easy!

Except... When I use them I always get the "cha-cha-cha-chia!" jingle stuck in my head...

radioactivegan said...

I just ordered some chia seeds for the very first time and was wondering what to do with them ... that's a bingo!

Vegan In The VI said...

If I was rich, I'd ask you to be my personal chef.

Unknown said...

your buddha bowl looks great. cant really complain with delicious food with quinoa :)

jessy said...

chia seeds really are magical - totally wowed me, too. i love how they get all gooey and soak up tons of moisture - they're so neat looking, and packed full of good for you things, too! both your buddha bowl and chocolate chia pudding have me drooling. i'm going to have to get some more chia seeds so i can try Gena's recipe, fo 'sho!

happy almost friday! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike K said...

The Buddha bowl looks delicious - that's one of my favorites anytime I see it offered at a restaurant, and it's so versatile. I've never tried chia seeds either, but the pudding looks great - something else I must try!

Michal said...

That chocolate chia pudding looks so divine. :)